Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kundalini Yoga - Swami (Dr.) Shivananda

The man who came to my visions for 1 year and guided me to his School of Yoga to help my son through Yoga. He was a Medical Doctor and a Scientist first - before he became a Renunciate - leaving all his wealth to his servants in Malaysia during 1940's.

I hardly knew the word Yoga and was directed by a Swami, from Bihar School of Yoga, in Coimbatore Ayurvedic Hospital, where my 2 kids and I were camping for 2 months.

Later I would realize that Dr. Shivananda, was Chinmaya's First Guru, and was also connected to Bihar School of Yoga.

My Kevla Kumbha initiations, had just started over the year2001/2, before I went to a Teacher's Training Camp in Austria from Sivananda, and there I learnt that my experiences were having some technical name - called Kevla Kumbha. It would take 4 years to get to a perfect state of Kleva Kumbha, and another years of practice to know its power and only know more deeper significances associated with it.

What is said in Gita about this, in Chapter 6, is true, and also confirmed by Harvard Medical School.